Georgia Nursing Oral History Project
Scope and Content Note
The collection consists of oral history interviews with Georgia nurses conducted by Margaret Parsons, Rose Cannon and others from 1986-1992, including audiotapes containing recordings of interviews, transcripts, case files of the project containing biographical information, and release forms.
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Restrictions on Access
Special restrictions apply: audiotapes of the interviews may not be used until preservation copies are made.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.
The Georgia Nursing Oral History Project is the outcome of a project funded with grants from the Emory University Research Committee and managed by Margaret Parson, professor in Emory's Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing.
3.5 linear ft. (10 boxes)
Contains oral history interviews with Georgia nurses from 1986 to 1992.
Arranged in alphabetical order.
Processed by Nancy Hall Watkins, 2008.
- Atlanta (Ga.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Interviews. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Medical care--Georgia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nurses--Georgia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nursing schools--Georgia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (literary works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Georgia Nursing Oral History Project, 1987-1992
- Historical Collections, Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library, Emory University
- Date encoded: February 20, 2014
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Woodruff Health Sciences Library Historical Collections Repository
1462 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta Georgia 30322 United States